Saturday, August 18, 2007

We are home

Mom was finally released yesterday after a few final test (i.e. EKG) and directions (appt, meds, etc...). Mom and I made it home about dark. It was intially tough getting her in the house, but my neighbors came to my rescue. They gave her medicine to help her sleep about a half and hour to an hour before we left, then had to make sure it was working. Crazy, but we are home. Yeah! It was a long night for me, but Mom got lots of needed sleep and was uninterrupted except for me roaming the house.

Mom is so proud of our little "beast": Aunt Linda and Uncle Paul had left out house not too long before and Mom started to call needing to go to the restroom. I assisted as Annalise watched intently on what I was doing to help Mom. After Mom was finished and I started to help her up, Annalise reached her tiny hand and said "Maw-maw give me your hand, I will help you". Mom was so proud and at the moment stopped walking with my help and stood up straight as possible and let Annalise help her to the bed. I decided to repeat this story as I sit and type because I have heard her say the same story twice this morning; ending with the story she is in everyone's prays and surrounded by angels.

Thanks for all of your prayers and words of encouragement.

For those of you asking about visiting, please call first.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story about Annalise! Glad y'all are home.

Anonymous said...

I believe God works through children. I think they are his little angels because they are still so pure and loving. I wish there was a way to bottle that purity and unconditional love.

So Annalise, you keep holding Maw-Maw's hand and helping her, because that means more to her than you will ever know. Thank God for the children; God's little ANGEL's, our little pillars of strength!

Carolyn - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Michael and I were just listening to Joel Osteen on TV and Joel strongly encourages people to "visualize - see the picture in your head" of your future (where you want to be; what you want from life, etc.) I am taking him up on that visualization and starting today I am visualizing YOU "CANCER FREE"!!! I will call upon that image numerous times everyday and I strongly encourage everyone to picture the same image and to remember - THERE IS 'Power in Numbers'...

Dawn said...

As I type (with tear-filled eyes over little Annalise) I am saying prayers too! We love you.

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I am so sorry to hear about your news on you Mom.....call me or email me to let me know how she is doing.

My prayers are with you all.



Janet C. Wallace

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Joyce and I got the news last night from Melissa and Steve. We are saddened by the news, and have begun to pray for your mom and all involved. If there is anything we can do to help please don't hesitate to call or get a message through Steve or Melissa.
Farrell and Joyce

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to here about your mom. We're praying for
your family. Rember that God is the awsome healer By
his stripes we are healed. Always keep a smile on.
God is in control. His grace is awesome in all times.
A miracle can happen at any time. Remember all his
promises. He is your heavenly father go like a little
girl into her daddy's arms he will hold and love you
as lay yor head on this lap in prayer. I'll keep up
with you through Mellissa.

Love , Sheri