Mom had a great weekend. She was ready for a break after the long week she had. Saturday, she joined me at a baby shower at Christi's house. It was great for her to spend time with all of the girls. She really enjoyed watching everyone and visiting with the grown ups.
Sunday, we got to see for the first time my great-niece Hanna Grace. She is absolutely beautiful. Ashley came in from Florida and will be visiting for a short while. Mom was so thrilled to see them and watch her great grandchild. She is still talking about Hanna.
Monday, WOW! What a day. It is hard to believe that it was only two weeks ago when our lives took a drastic change with a simple 2 minute phone call. We began with our normal morning ritual from their we were off to the rehab center. This was my dreading point. Well guys, I made it through it. At the rehab center, the admission process was long and tiresome for us all. Mom and I began with the paperwork; as Christi and Karen finished the final touches on the room (LSU, of course). We were able to rest between meetings with the admissions nurses, wound care nurses, PT nurses, etc... I was able to ride with her to radiation for her first time. It was very comforting for the both of us. We ran into a couple of snags but was able to work through them. Christi summed it up perfectly; it is like the first day of school, esp K, you know, that first time. Heart wrenching, does not begin to explain it.
Radiation went well, they took more x-rays and we got the opportunity to speak with the doctor. Mom was referred to a bone specialist in New Orleans. The cancer seems to be eating away at some important support bones. With cancer in her bones, it is extremely important that she does not fracture any bones; hence again, 24 hour medical attention is needed.
I spoke with Mom this morning and she had an okay night, but her nurse and aid were fantastic.
I ask each of you to continue to pray for my Mom and my family. There are so many people that I would like to thank, but words cannot begin to express the gratitude that I have for so many of you. Life is definitely a circle; so give to others what you would like to have given to you. I always knew how remarkable a woman my Mom is; but your generosity, kindness, concern, and prayers proves that I am not the only one who knows this.
Thanks.
Kim
Sunday, we got to see for the first time my great-niece Hanna Grace. She is absolutely beautiful. Ashley came in from Florida and will be visiting for a short while. Mom was so thrilled to see them and watch her great grandchild. She is still talking about Hanna.
Monday, WOW! What a day. It is hard to believe that it was only two weeks ago when our lives took a drastic change with a simple 2 minute phone call. We began with our normal morning ritual from their we were off to the rehab center. This was my dreading point. Well guys, I made it through it. At the rehab center, the admission process was long and tiresome for us all. Mom and I began with the paperwork; as Christi and Karen finished the final touches on the room (LSU, of course). We were able to rest between meetings with the admissions nurses, wound care nurses, PT nurses, etc... I was able to ride with her to radiation for her first time. It was very comforting for the both of us. We ran into a couple of snags but was able to work through them. Christi summed it up perfectly; it is like the first day of school, esp K, you know, that first time. Heart wrenching, does not begin to explain it.
Radiation went well, they took more x-rays and we got the opportunity to speak with the doctor. Mom was referred to a bone specialist in New Orleans. The cancer seems to be eating away at some important support bones. With cancer in her bones, it is extremely important that she does not fracture any bones; hence again, 24 hour medical attention is needed.
I spoke with Mom this morning and she had an okay night, but her nurse and aid were fantastic.
I ask each of you to continue to pray for my Mom and my family. There are so many people that I would like to thank, but words cannot begin to express the gratitude that I have for so many of you. Life is definitely a circle; so give to others what you would like to have given to you. I always knew how remarkable a woman my Mom is; but your generosity, kindness, concern, and prayers proves that I am not the only one who knows this.
Thanks.
Kim
0 comments:
Post a Comment