Today was the big day in which Mom and I were suppose to meet with the oncologist for the scan result. After an hour of confusion, I was able to meet with Dr. Hanson and Debbie (Nurse Practitioner) and get the news. How awesome to be greeted with two of the biggest smiles and a great big hug.
Debbie gave me the news that the scans were much improved and that we are going to continue with the same treatment (infusion once a month, daily pill, and lots of prayers). The pill she takes is a new treatment in which they are trying. It is not a guarantee, but well worth taking the chance. Mom's two cancer counts have continued to decline. According to Debbie, the numbers are remarkable and something that they did not anticipate seeing especially due to the severity of the cancer throughout Mom's body.
It is amazing that we have come so far. Just six months ago, we were in emergency room discovering cancer throughout her body. The doctors gave her little chance of survival (lucky to make it to the 2007 holidays). Each week when I pick Mom up for her weekly outting, I see her getting stronger and stronger. She is transferring herself with less assistance, she is getting braver at bringing herself to the bathroom and dressing herself, and her appetite has increased. I don't know if you realize, but faith, prayer and the will to live can be the odds. Like I have said before, MOM IS AMAZING... MOM IS A TROOPER... SHE IS A FIGHTER... THE FAITH - IT'S AMAZING.
My motto use to be "It Sucks!", but with all the people around me surviving, praying, and fighting so hard - "It's Amazing!" has to be my new motto.
Debbie gave me the news that the scans were much improved and that we are going to continue with the same treatment (infusion once a month, daily pill, and lots of prayers). The pill she takes is a new treatment in which they are trying. It is not a guarantee, but well worth taking the chance. Mom's two cancer counts have continued to decline. According to Debbie, the numbers are remarkable and something that they did not anticipate seeing especially due to the severity of the cancer throughout Mom's body.
It is amazing that we have come so far. Just six months ago, we were in emergency room discovering cancer throughout her body. The doctors gave her little chance of survival (lucky to make it to the 2007 holidays). Each week when I pick Mom up for her weekly outting, I see her getting stronger and stronger. She is transferring herself with less assistance, she is getting braver at bringing herself to the bathroom and dressing herself, and her appetite has increased. I don't know if you realize, but faith, prayer and the will to live can be the odds. Like I have said before, MOM IS AMAZING... MOM IS A TROOPER... SHE IS A FIGHTER... THE FAITH - IT'S AMAZING.
My motto use to be "It Sucks!", but with all the people around me surviving, praying, and fighting so hard - "It's Amazing!" has to be my new motto.
2 comments:
Great news!! I just love your optimism! "It's Amazing" is a great new motto! Love y'all!
Funny - Optimistic is a descriptive word that I would not necessarily classify myself as. But I am glad to see that my attitude is getting an adjustment:)
Post a Comment