I would like to take this time and thank everyone who has helped and continue to help us on our journey. I have learned a valuable lesson or two along the way of this cancer journey. First, I reminded I am not in control and must trust God to give me the strengthen to cope with whatever he sends my way. Second, is the value of family and friends. Thirdly is the value of time... you never know at what moment your life make change... with a phone call, accident, etc...
This past week has been great... we found out our baby is going to be a boy and the complications have been drastically reduced, Mom will not have to get additional radiation, Mom will not have to see the radiologist (Dr. Wood) for 6 months, and we have a great Christmas gathering on Saturday.
About the baby news: I am feeling and doing great. No morning sickness this go around, bleeding and blood pockets have become minimal, no longer a threat to the baby, and the baby has all his fingers and toes and appears to be healthy. Lauren is excited about having a brother and Annalise is well let's just say she will get use to it. To this note - I am filled with joy, happiness, and anticipation for our arrival.
On Saturday, we had our Christmas gathering. It was a little late, but never too late to get together with family and friends. It was very cold and wet outside and not everyone could come due to the weather and illnesses, but we had a very pleasant relaxing time. The girls were all excellent as always. We had a couple of surprise visitors that joined us. It was such a blessing. Ashley and Hanna were able to join us from Florida. Hanna got to play with some of her cousins. She is absolutely adorable and oh, so happy. She even told us "hi". It seemed like it was a gathering for the ladies; as Chris, Todd and Phillip were the only men. Therefore, Chris and Philip had to take a trip into the woods. To this - I know I have an amazing family.
Kennedy and Hanna (10 mths)
Todd, Mom and Maw-Maw
4 comments:
todd looks very different with the little bit of hair that he has.
"its all about ME" huh, i never heard that from you before.
glad to know that i can be a good friend to you. you are also a good friend. thanks for being my neighbor.
Good for you, Kim! It's great to hear you so positive. :)
Hi! See my post from yesterday--I tagged you! :)
Hi...how are you doing/feeling? Hope well!
Post a Comment