Valentine's Day was great!
The night before we went out to eat with some friends (Matt and Elaine) and their girls Lauren and April to The Chimes. That was the first time for everyone to go but me. The evening was enjoyed by all.
Valentine's morning the girls were little angels jumping and scurrying around anxiously awaiting their school parties. Waking up to everyone in great moods, eager to go to school and actually on time was amazing. Valentine's hugs and kisses were shared by all.
On my way to work, I surprised Mom with a Valentine's morning visit and her goodies. All she wanted was a couple of snacks and a new remote control. Easy enough... she was so happy over a remote control. I guess it is kind of hard being in a wheelchair and having to watch the same channel all day and night or actually have to get up and MANUALLY change it. Okay, I know we don't remember those days that would make us old or something. hehe.
While I drove home from working late, I contemplated the mood of the house and what surprises might be awaiting me. And I don't mean gifts... I mean another appliance breaking, school notes (Annalise), needs for bandaids, Dixie poo on the floor, kids on a sugar high, etc... To my surprise, Chris had everything (mostly) under control. I was greeted by the girls playing in a large washer and dryer box and Chris hooking up the hoses to the new washer. Ah, what a great husband... a week with no washer was stressful; but we lucked out with picture day and a spirit day in the same week. So the three uniforms we had worked out perfectly, except Lauren does not like all of them.
The girls gave me lots of hugs and kisses, exchanged gifts, took a nice bubble bath, ate and snuggled in for the night. We were asleep by 9pm; while Daddy (Chris) decided that he would help catch up on some of the laundry and try out the new appliances. It was so nice to wake up Friday morning and have my choice of clothes. You know being pregnant only gives you a limited selection of things to wear anyway.
All in all, early morning, on time, happy family (kids, husband and Mom), great day, lots of hugs, kisses, and smiles, a new book, candy, and a early night to bed snuggling with my two little angels. Definitely ranked as two thumbs up.
The night before we went out to eat with some friends (Matt and Elaine) and their girls Lauren and April to The Chimes. That was the first time for everyone to go but me. The evening was enjoyed by all.
Valentine's morning the girls were little angels jumping and scurrying around anxiously awaiting their school parties. Waking up to everyone in great moods, eager to go to school and actually on time was amazing. Valentine's hugs and kisses were shared by all.
On my way to work, I surprised Mom with a Valentine's morning visit and her goodies. All she wanted was a couple of snacks and a new remote control. Easy enough... she was so happy over a remote control. I guess it is kind of hard being in a wheelchair and having to watch the same channel all day and night or actually have to get up and MANUALLY change it. Okay, I know we don't remember those days that would make us old or something. hehe.
While I drove home from working late, I contemplated the mood of the house and what surprises might be awaiting me. And I don't mean gifts... I mean another appliance breaking, school notes (Annalise), needs for bandaids, Dixie poo on the floor, kids on a sugar high, etc... To my surprise, Chris had everything (mostly) under control. I was greeted by the girls playing in a large washer and dryer box and Chris hooking up the hoses to the new washer. Ah, what a great husband... a week with no washer was stressful; but we lucked out with picture day and a spirit day in the same week. So the three uniforms we had worked out perfectly, except Lauren does not like all of them.
The girls gave me lots of hugs and kisses, exchanged gifts, took a nice bubble bath, ate and snuggled in for the night. We were asleep by 9pm; while Daddy (Chris) decided that he would help catch up on some of the laundry and try out the new appliances. It was so nice to wake up Friday morning and have my choice of clothes. You know being pregnant only gives you a limited selection of things to wear anyway.
All in all, early morning, on time, happy family (kids, husband and Mom), great day, lots of hugs, kisses, and smiles, a new book, candy, and a early night to bed snuggling with my two little angels. Definitely ranked as two thumbs up.
1 comments:
Glad you had a great day!
Post a Comment