Thursday, April 3, 2008

Prayers are always appreciated

My friend Dodie is in the hospital in critical care. She was admitted into the hospital on Monday with pneumonia. I went to visit her in ICU this morning; only to be greeted by her parents, sister-in-law and doctor. The grim look on their faces really made my heart sink. Dodie was laying in that bed obviously scared. The doctor started telling us that he was going to do a broncioscope (sp?) to test the matter in her lung. This is a highly dangerous procedure; therefore, she would have to be placed on life support.

The procedure did not take long, but her parents and son had a little scare afterwards. I stayed with her so that they could all go eat. The doctor finally came back with the results of the CT scan in which he determined that they would not have to do another broncioscope. This was excellent news. He would keep monitoring her and in 24-48 hours start weaning her off of the oxygen and breathing machines. By the time I left her oxygen had been reduced from them giving her 100% to 70%. She is still heavily dependent on these machines. The next couple of days will be critical.

I hear that this is common, but I heard the doctor myself say that there were a number of things that he just could not explain. My request is that you pray for her and her family as they mean so much to me.

0 comments: