Thursday, February 7, 2008

Annalise's Allergies

Annalise went again today for more testing on her allergies. For those of you who don't know, she has had severe allergies since she was 7 months old. She is deathly allergic to apples. We carry an EpiPen just in case. Well due to some issues, we are switching allergist. The new allergist is doing the whole gammit of test. Annalise usually gets test every 6 months anyway. But this doctor wants to start over and make her own judgements. Wish I appreciate greatly the second opinion.

Lauren and I took Annalise to 3 different centers for testing. Annalise usually is held down by 3-5 people for the bloodwork. Today, she was a trooper and screamed, kicked, and hollared; but was controllable with a third person in the room on standby. She gets over it real quick with stickers, juice, and a coloring book or Dora movie. I on the otherhand, don't adjust quite so easily.

It is amusing because as parents we tell our children that we are here to protect them; BUT I am going to allow these strange ladies to stick you with needles repeatedly. Yes, I know it hurts, but it will make you feel better. her response, Mommy but I feel okay - nothing hurts now. What she has not realized is that I feel so bad for her that I just might consider buying her that horse that she always ask for if she would only ask at the right moment in time. Okay - maybe not:)

Results should be back in 10 to 12 days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI KIM! I ALWAYS ENJOY KEEPING UP WITH YOU & YOUR FAMILY ON YOUR BLOG. SENT YOUR GRANDMOTHER SOME PICTURES THE OTHER DAY & TOLD HER HOW WE KEEP UP -ON THE BLOG.GLAD SHE IS DOING BETTER. SENT YOUR MOM A CARD YESTERDAY{ SO GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS-THANK YOU GOD!} HOPE ANNALISE CAN GET SOME RELIEF WITH THE NEW DOCTOR! YOU TAKE CARE- I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU TO STAY STRONG, I SEE THAT YOU HAVE GREAT FAITH- LIKE YOUR MOM! LOVE TO ALL-JUDY & GARY

Kim said...

I received the card yesterday in the mail and will be delivering it to her tomorrow. Maw-maw told me that she received them. Thank you for sending them to her. It was very important to her to receive them.

Annalise is in good hands and her allergies seem to be improving to Chris and I. We will keep you posted.

Thanks for the kind words.