Friday, January 11, 2008

My sweet girls...

I witnessed the sweetest and most compassionate love last night. Lauren and Annalise had been laying in Lauren's bed watching their new movie "Barbie Fairytopia - Mermaidia" . Chris and I never heard one peep or saw a movement out of them - eyes were glued to the television. We just knew that it was one of those great movies. Well as the time began to pass I began to hear Lauren softly sob. As I walked into the room, Annalise was giving Lauren her bear and trying to comfort Lauren by patting her and telling her that "it is fake". Unsure of what was going on, I questioned Lauren about her tears. She began to explain that she knows it is make believe, but it was the saddest thing ever. One of the mermaids undoubtably had a spell of some sort on her where she would become trapped under water if something did not happen and she would never get to see Bibble (her sidekick/pet) again. It was just horrible according to Lauren!! Soon after all was calm and the mermaid made it out of the water okay. Annalise insisted on watching Clifford who makes everyone laugh.

As they laid back in bed, Annalise and Lauren comforted each other with kind words and hugs and fell asleep. AHHH, to sweet.

Lauren is so sensitive and Annalise can be so compassionate!!!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Sweet story!