Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mom's Surprise Bed Mate

On Tuesday (9/11/07), after such a great day. Mom was exhausted from radiation and her daily activities that she partook in. It was getting late (8:45ish) and Mom was in bed for the night; when a lady comes and is fussing at her to get out of her bed and get out of her room. Mom said that she did not know whether to laugh or scream, but out of fear of being hurt; she began calling for the nurse. The nurses were there immediately to get the lady and put her back into her bed. Alzheimer's is a horrible illness. Mom called me laughing at her encounter and made the comment... "Kim, it could be worse; I could have Alzheimer, at least with cancer I know." Struck me hard; but yes, she is right... there is always someone who is in need of more prayers than us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim: You amaze me at how strong and positive you remain through all of this in your postings. I continue to pray for y'all each night. What a wonderful, caring daughter you are!

Love,
Dayna

Anonymous said...

HI KIM & CAROLYN & FAMILY! I'VE MISSED YOUR INPUT IN THE BLOG- BUT I KNOW YOU ARE SO BUSY. JANET TOLD ME HER & JANA VISITED & MY NANNY[YOUR AUNT LILLIE] ALSO & AUNT PAT. I KNOW THAT MADE YOU HAPPY CAROLYN. HEARD ABOUT YOUR HAIRDO-CURLY GIRL! NANNY SAID YOU HAD A BIG LAUGH! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU ALL & STRENGTHEN YOU. ALL OUR LOVE JUDY & GARY

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! What a great laugh... If only the poor lady with Alzheimer's could remember she might even get a good laugh from it. God bless her, she atleast gave us all one.

We are praying and thinking about all of you everyday. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

As soon as I get over my cold and post nasal drip, I will bring Mama again and we will come for a visit. Carolyn doesn't need anymore to deal with so I have to get well first. I'm on the back side of it so maybe next weekend.

Love to all,

scott said...

another funny story about people who forget. my grandmother had that and there were some really funny times about it and there were some VERY hard times about it. it is something that i would NOT want to put my kids through. (taking care of me with alzheimers)